Adjunct Professor, Pennsylvania State University
Office: 711 EERC
PhD, Pennsylvania State University
PhD, Tomsk State University, Russia
Computational electromagnetic analysis
Computer-aided design of microwave and photonic devices
Electromagnetic metamaterials and their applications
Materials integration for device prototyping
Materials and device characterization at microwaves
Graduate Research Assistantships (GRA) available for PhD students for Fall 2010 in the area of Electromagnetic metamaterials and their applications.
Summer research positions for undergraduate students available for Summer 2010.
Contact Dr. Elena Semouchkina email@example.com
- Semouchkina, E., Semouchkin, G., Lanagan, M., and Randall, C., “FDTD Study of Resonance Processes in Metamaterials,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory Techn., vol. 53, No. 4, 1477-1487, April 2005.
- Semouchkina, E., Baker, A., Semouchkin, G., Lanagan, M., and Mittra, R., “New Approaches for Designing Microstrip Filters Utilizing Mixed Dielectrics,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory Techn., vol. 53, No. 2, 644-652, February 2005.
- Semouchkina, E., “Double Negative Materials: Hypothesis, Realization, and New Developments”, Smart Processing Technology, High Temperature Society of Japan, Japan, 79-87, 2006.
- Semouchkina, E., Miyamoto, Y., Kirihara, S., Semouchkin, G., and Lanagan, M., “Analysis of Electromagnetic Response of 3D Dielectric Fractals of Menger Sponge Type,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory Techn., vol. 55, No. 6, 1305-1313, June 2007.
- Semouchkina, E. and Mittra, R. “A New Interpretation of Metamaterial Behavior in Terms of Coupling between Resonant Inclusions”, IEEE AP-S International Symposium, San Diego, CA, June 2008.
- E. Semouchkina, D. H. Werner, and C. Pantano, "An Optical Cloak Composed of Identical Chalcogenide Glass Resonators," Metamaterials’2009, 3rd International Congress on Advanced Electromagnetic Materials in Microwaves and Optics, London, UK, September 2009.
- K. Haines, T. Neuberger, M. Lanagan, E. Semouchkina, and A. G. Webb, “High Q Calcium Titanate Cylindrical Dielectric Resonators for Magnetic Resonance Microimaging,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance, vol. 200, Issue 2, 349-353, October 2009.